- 4 (8 ounce) fresh salmon fillets
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Season salmon fillets with salt.
- Place salmon on the preheated grill; cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine water, rice vinegar, brown sugar, chile paste, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until barely thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle basil on top of salmon; spoon glaze over basil.