- 6 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- Heat oil to 365 degrees in a deep fryer or heavy saucepan.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon oil until light. combine the flour, baking powder and salt, stir in alternately with the milk until well blended.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into the hot oil and fry on both sides until golden. Drain on paper towels and roll in 1/2 cup white sugar while still warm.