- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 4 slices angel food cake
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Combine strawberries, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and black pepper in a bowl; marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Grill the slices of angel food cake on the preheated grill until toasted, 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the cake to 4 dessert plates and top with marinated strawberries and the liquid and a spoonful of whipped cream.