- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, cornstarch, cold water, ginger, garlic, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Add chicken breasts to marinade and stir to coat.
- Pour the marinade and chicken into a 9x9-inch square baking dish.
- Cover and marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bake chicken in marinade until meat is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 40 minutes, turning midway through cooking.