- 1 pound linguini pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, drained with juice reserved
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm oil, butter, reserved clam juice, garlic and parsley; stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add clams and salt and pepper to taste. Pour over pasta and toss with Parmesan cheese; serve.