- 1 ear corn on the cob, unhusked
- 1 teaspoon butter, or to taste
- salt to taste
- Place ear of corn in a microwave oven and cook on high for 2 minutes; flip corn over and cook on high until kernels are hot and steaming, another 2 minutes.
- Place corn ear on a cutting board, using a pot holder or folded kitchen towel, and cut off the bottom of the ear, exposing 1/4 to 1/2 inch of kernels. Hold the ear from the top and squeeze ear of corn out of the husk from top to bottom. Husks and silk will be left behind.
- Spread ear with butter and season with salt.