- 1 dried pasilla chile (chile negro)
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup Herdez® Salsa Verde
- 1 pound Always Tender® pork tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 (4.25 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 (15 ounce) cans hominy
- Soak the dried chile in boiling water for 20-30 minutes or until softened; drain well. Remove the stem from the chile and place the hydrated chile in a food processor with 1 cup of chicken broth. Puree until smooth.
- Pour the pureed chile mixture into a slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours or LOW for 7-8 hours. Remove the bay leaf before serving. Spoon soup into bowls and serve with shredded lettuce, sliced radishes, onions, cheese and fresh cilantro.