- 6 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 10 eggs, separated
- 7/8 cup white sugar
- 2 cups ground almonds
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler; set aside.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in sugar. Blend in chocolate and almonds.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold whites into chocolate batter. Spoon batter into an ungreased 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove from oven, invert pan, and cool about 40 minutes before removing from pan.