- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- Place the rice and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until water is absorbed, about 45 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger, and teriyaki sauce in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked rice and chicken. Stir in celery, water chestnuts, mushrooms, green onion, and red pepper. Mix with the dressing to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Toss gently before serving.