- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon hot chile paste
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 16 (3.5 inch square) wonton wrappers, shredded
- 4 cups romaine lettuce - torn, washed and dried
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the hoisin sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, chili paste, ginger, vinegar, and sesame oil.
- Grill or broil the chicken breasts until cooked, about 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Cool and slice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Spray a large shallow pan with nonstick vegetable spray; arrange shredded wontons in a single layer and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, wontons, lettuce, carrots, green onions and cilantro. Toss with dressing and serve.