- 1 (12 ounce) package al fresco® Tomato & Basil Chicken Meatballs
- Cooking spray (extra-virgin olive oil with garlic)
- 1 pint fresh red cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound asparagus, cooked and drained
- 1 white onion, medium slice (1/8 inch)
- 3 fresh garlic cloves
- 8 ounces linguini pasta, dry
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1/4 cup low-sodium Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes, asparagus, onion and garlic with 2 tbsp of the olive oil, and 1 tsp of the black pepper, spread on the sheet pan, and roast for 10 - 12 minutes. Stir half way, roast until nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguini according to package instructions, and reserve 3/4 cup of the pasta liquid. Drain pasta and reserve, keeping warm.
- Prepare a large saute pan with cooking spray, and brown al fresco Tomato Basil Chicken Meatballs over medium high heat for 4 - 5 minutes. Add the cooked pasta, roasted vegetables, and toss together.
- Lower heat to medium, add remaining olive oil, basil, Parmesan cheese, salt, 1/2 tsp of black pepper, 1/2 cup of the pasta water (add remaining 1/4 cup if needed), toss well.
- Serve immediately with crusty Italian bread.