- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, salt and cayenne; set aside. Place a third of the potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish; layer with a third of the butter, flour and soup mixture. Repeat layers twice. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.