- 3 pounds potatoes, thinly sliced
- salt to taste
- 9 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1 quart milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Arrange one layer of potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the potatoes with salt, 3 tablespoons flour and 2 tablespoons butter. Repeat layering 2 more times, until all of potatoes have been used. Slowly pour milk over the potatoes until the dish is 3/4 full of milk.
- Bake until the milk comes to a boil (check after 5 minutes), then reduce heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for another 45 to 60 minutes.