- 1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour for coating
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine salmon, onion, egg, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, black pepper, cheese and parsley; mix well. Shape into four patties. Dust lightly with flour. Chill for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Cook the patties until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes. Drain briefly on paper towels before serving.