- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups salsa
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound cooked, shredded chicken breast meat
- 1 cup refried beans
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in salsa and water. Season with chili powder, cumin, and cinnamon. Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Return mixture to the saucepan, stir in the chicken, and cook until heated through.
- Spoon an equal amount of refried beans down center of each tortilla, and top with equal amounts of the chicken mixture. Fold tortillas over the filling, and secure with toothpicks. Arrange seam-side down in the prepared baking dish, and brush with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, turning every 5 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.