- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Stir balsamic vinegar and honey together in a small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the vinegar mixture has reduced to 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes. Set the balsamic reduction aside to cool.
- Arrange alternate slices of tomato and mozzarella cheese decoratively on a serving platter. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, spread fresh basil leaves over the salad, and drizzle with olive oil and the balsamic reduction.