- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 12-inch baguettes, cut into 48 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus shavings for garnish
- 3 cups shredded breast from a large rotisserie chicken
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby salad greens, romaine, if possible
- Adjust oven rack to center position and heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mince garlic in a food processor or blender. With motor running, slowly add 1/2 cup of the olive oil. Continue to process for about 30 seconds, then strain oil through a fine-mesh strainer. Add 2/3 of the garlic back into the oil, and reserve remaining garlic for the dressing.
- Arrange bread on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Brush garlic oil over bread. Toast until crisp and golden, about 7 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk mayonnaise, lemon zest and 2 Tbs. lemon juice, Worcestershire, grated Parmesan, and reserved garlic in a small bowl. (It can be covered and refrigerated for several hours.)
- When ready to serve, toss dressing with chicken; season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss salad with remaining 2 tsps. of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle in remaining 1 Tb. lemon juice; toss again. Top each toast with a portion of greens, chicken and a Parmesan shaving. (Toasts can stand uncovered for up to 2 hours.)