- 1 1/2 cups plain fat-free yogurt
- 2/3 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 2/3 cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut in 1-inch wide strips
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Put yogurt in a small bowl, and set aside. In a shallow pie plate, combine coconut, panko and pecans.
- Dip chicken strips in yogurt to cover, then roll in panko mixture. Place strips on an oil-sprayed baking sheet. Spray top of chicken. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350, and bake 15 more minutes. Check that coating browns but does not burn. If desired, broil 2 minutes for an even crunchier top.