- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 7 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 8 ounces crumbled store-bought coconut macaroons
- Mix strawberries and 6 Tbs. of the sugar in a bowl; let stand until berries release their liquid, 30 to 60 minutes.
- When ready to assemble dessert, beat cream and orange zest to soft peaks, gradually adding remaining 1 1/2 Tbs. sugar.
- Pour 6 Tbs. of the strawberry juice that has collected in the bowl over the crumbled macaroons. Toss to coat.
- To assemble, choose six goblets that hold at least 12 ounces; in each, make two layers in the following order: scant 1/4 cup macaroons, scant 1/4 cup whipped cream, 1/4 cup strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 2 hours.