- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Melt shortening and cocoa in the top of a double boiler over low heat. Stir occasionally until shortening is melted. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Slowly add in flour and mix well. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center of brownies comes out clean. Let cool before cutting.