- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour one 9 inch square baking pan, tapping out excess flour.
- Melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate in the top of a double boiler and then let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Sift together both flours, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In Large bowl, whisk chocolate/butter mixture to blend. Beat in sugar, then vanilla, then eggs. Fold in dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in semisweet chocolate chips. Scrape batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes until set. Do not overbake. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Once cool cut into large squares.