- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 (7 ounce) package garlic cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined without tails
- 1 large tomato, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, bring the water and salt to a boil. Stir in the quick grits and reduce the heat. Cook slowly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the garlic cheese until melted. Let sit for 2 to 4 minutes; keep warm.
- In a skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium heat. Saute the shrimp until pink. Stir in diced tomato and cook until tomato is heated through. Remove from heat and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the cheese grits on a warm platter. Top with shrimp mixture.