- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Arrange almonds in a single layer on a medium baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven 5 to 10 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 6 cup jumbo muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, 3/4 cup almonds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix water, almond extract, butter, and eggs. Blend into the flour mixture. Fold raspberries into batter. Spoon into the prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- Bake 25 minutes in the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven, until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.