- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Sift 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract; mix into a semi-thick batter.
- Toss blueberries with about 2 teaspoons flour in a separate bowl; fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cake is lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Brush melted butter on top of cake and sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons sugar. Continue to bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 5 to 10 more minutes.