- 2 pounds fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 8 sprigs fresh dill weed
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Cut green beans to fit inside pint canning jars.
- Place green beans in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, for 3 minutes. Plunge beans into ice water. Drain well.
- Pack the beans into four hot, sterilized pint jars. Place 1 clove garlic and 2 sprigs dill weed in each jar, against the glass. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to each jar.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring vinegar and water to a boil. Pour over beans.
- Fit the jars with lids and rings and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.