- 1 large acorn squash
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut the squash in half, and remove the seeds and any excess membrane. Place cut side up in a baking dish. Cover the dish and bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cinnamon, pineapple, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger. When squash has been cooked, remove from oven. Let cool down for 10 minutes.
- Carefully scoop out the pulp from both halves and combine with the pineapple and cinnamon mixture. Replace mixture into shells and return to the oven and bake for 7 minutes until pineapple is hot and bubbly.