- 2 large eggplants
- 6 red bell peppers
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Pierce the eggplants several times with the tip of a paring knife. Place the eggplants and peppers onto the prepared baking sheet. Cook under the preheated broiler until the skins of the peppers and eggplants have blackened and blistered, about 5 minutes. Turn the vegetables over and rearrange them on the baking sheet; roast until the skins are blackened on all sides. Place the blackened peppers and eggplants into a bowl, and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Set aside and allow the vegetables to cool about 20 minutes. Once cool, remove the skins and discard.
- Mix together the yogurt and garlic, and set aside.
- Finely chop the peeled roasted eggplant and transfer it to a bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt to taste.
- Pull the stems and cores out of the roasted peppers, remove any seeds, and stuff the peppers with the eggplant mixture. Top with the garlic yogurt and serve.