- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry flavored gelatin
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup maraschino cherries, halved
- Butter an 8x8 inch dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil and stir in gelatin. Boil 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter, chocolate chips, vanilla and cherries. Pour into prepared pan. Chill 2 hours before serving.