- 4 slices Italian bread
- 4 slices ripe tomato
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the 4 slices of Italian bread out on the prepared baking sheet; top each piece of bread with a tomato slice, a basil leaf, and a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted, about 7 minutes. Drizzle each sandwich with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.