- 1 (20 ounce) loaf French bread, sliced
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven's broiler. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for a few minutes until fragrant.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix in about half of the remaining olive oil until smooth. Spread 1 tablespoon of this mixture onto each slice of bread, and place them on the foil-lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over each slice, then drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Watch VERY carefully, it will brown fast.