- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 4 green onions, white and green parts separated and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Bring chicken broth to boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat; continue simmering while preparing remaining ingredients.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir celery, onion, green onion white portions, garlic, curry powder, and salt in the hot oil until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a bowl.
- Cook and stir rice in the same skillet until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes.
- Stir toasted rice into boiling chicken broth. Reduce heat to medium-low; continue simmering until rice is tender and broth is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove rice from heat and stir in raisins, green onion tops, and celery mixture until well blended.