- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Toast pecans for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Fold sugar, salt and pecans into egg whites.
- Increase oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Melt butter or margarine on a sheet pan.
- Spread the nut mixture over pan and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.