- 3 1/2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup instant mashed potato flakes or buds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the broth, garlic,potatoes, carrots, onion, celery and bacon in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Stir the milk, potato flakes and parsley in the saucepan. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring occasionally.