- 4 (3/4 inch thick) center cut pork chops, fat trimmed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped apple
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup JIF® Creamy Peanut Butter
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Apple Jelly, or Currant Jelly, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make a pocket in each pork chop with small knife by cutting horizontally from outside edge almost to bone.
- In a medium bowl combine apple, shallot, bread crumbs and peanut butter; mix well. Shape stuffing mixture into four equal patties.
- Place one stuffing patty into each pork chop pocket. Using wooden toothpicks (2 to 3 per chop), close each pocket to prevent stuffing from falling out during cooking.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly coat baking pan with the no-stick cooking spray. Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat oven-proof frying pan with the no-stick cooking spray. Season chops with salt and pepper. Place large, oven-proof frying pan over medium-high heat until hot. Fry pork chops in pan, cooking about 8 minutes, turning once, or until well browned on both sides.
- Remove pan from stove and place in hot oven to cook for another 20 minutes.
- Baste pork chops with melted jelly during last 5 minutes of cooking. Remove toothpicks before serving.