- 1 1/2 pounds lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 (18 ounce) can Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy portabella mushroom cooking sauce
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 6 (1 ounce) slices Swiss cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen breaded onion rings
- Garnishes, if Desired:
- 12 frozen, breaded onion rings
- Heat gas or charcoal grill for direct heat. Carefully brush oil on grill rack. In large bowl, mix beef, 3/4 cup of the cooking sauce and the steak seasoning. Shape mixture into 6 patties, about 1/2 inch thick. Spray both sides of patties with cooking spray.
- Place patties on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160 degrees F. Add cheese slices during last 1 to 3 minutes of grilling or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, heat onion rings as directed on package. Place patties on bottom halves of buns; top each with 2 onion rings. Top with tops of buns. If desired; heat remaining sauce until hot and serve with burgers (or reserve for another use).