- 2 pounds sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced, halved onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (18 ounce) can Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy portabella mushroom cooking sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 8 ciabatta or kaiser rolls, split
- 8 (1 ounce) slices provolone cheese
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add steak, onion and bell pepper. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is no longer pink; drain well. Add cooking sauce and steak seasoning; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened and coats beef.
- Set oven control to broil. Place tops of rolls, cut sides up, on cookie sheet. Place slice of cheese on each. Broil with cheese 4 to 6 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Spoon steak mixture on bottom half of each roll; place top of roll on each.