- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry au jus mix
- 1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- garlic powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and sliced
- 8 ounces sliced extra sharp provolone cheese
- 4 torpedo rolls, split
- Preheat your oven's broiler. Prepare the au jus mix according to package directions. Add the sliced roast beef, and simmer until heated through.
- Slice the rolls open, and place sliced side up on a baking sheet. Divide the beef between the rolls evenly, placing a portion on each slice of roll. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Top with a single layer of roasted red peppers, then cover with slices of provolone cheese.
- Place under the broiler, about 6 inches from the heat source. Broil until the cheese melts, and the edges of the rolls are lightly toasted. Place roll halves together to make sandwiches.
- Pour leftover au jus into small cups for each person - I like to use custard cups. Serve with sandwiches for dipping.