- 50 cherry tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 drops lemon juice
- ground black pepper to taste
- Rinse and dry the tomatoes, and cut a thin slice off the top and bottom of each tomato with a serrated knife. Scoop out the pulp and seeds, and place the tomatoes on a platter lined with paper towels to drain. Refrigerate until needed.
- Combine the softened cream cheese, smoked salmon, cream, lemon juice, and black pepper, and beat with a hand mixer until filling is soft and well-blended. Scoop the mixture into the barrel of a cookie press or into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Squeeze a small amount of the salmon filling into each cherry tomato.