- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven broiler. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, make a paste with the butter, mayonnaise, garlic paste, basil, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and pepper.
- Spread equal amounts of the paste on each roll half. Arrange roll halves on the cookie sheet, topping side up, and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Broil on the top rack in the preheated oven 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Watch them very carefully! They can burn very quickly. Basically do these at the last minute before serving and check them closely as they broil.