- 1 (16 ounce) package Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk or water
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar, mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms or yellow squash (optional)
- 1 cup frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes or diced, pre-baked red potatoes (optional)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk or water, cheese, salt and pepper; set aside. Heat olive oil or butter in a large skillet; saute onions and any optional vegetables desired until vegetables are tender. Add vegetables and sausage to egg mixture; stir well.
- Place 12 foil baking cups into cupcake pan. Distribute sausage and egg mixture evenly into baking cups. Bake for 22 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired.